PREPARATION + STRATEGY
Our tax advisors can work with you to complete your yearly tax returns and to facilitate payment of quarterly estimates when appropriate. In addition, they are also able to assist you with your tax planning. While tax preparation is a necessity each year, tax planning can minimize the effect taxes may have on your overall financial situation to preserve your wealth. By working with Godsey & Gibb’s licensed tax professionals (CPAs) for your tax preparation services, they are also able to partner with you and your Wealth Management Advisor on tax planning and strategy for the current year and future years.
WHY IS TAX PLANNING IMPORTANT TO WEALTH PRESERVATION?
WHAT TAX PREPARATION SERVICES DO WE PROVIDE?
- Individual income tax returns
- Estate and trust income tax returns
- Gift tax returns
- Pass-through entity returns for small client-owned businesses
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF AN IN-HOUSE TAX TEAM?
- In-house planning leads to more efficient integration of tax and investment strategies
- Tax preparation process is simplified, as tax preparers have immediate access to tax documentation related to your investments
- We can assist in making estimated quarterly tax payments from your brokerage account(s)
STEP 1: INTRODUCTION MEETING
STEP 2: REVIEW PRIOR INCOME TAX RETURNS
STEP 3: FOLLOW-UP MEETING
STEP 4: ANNUAL TAX UPDATE CALL (OPTIONAL)
STEP 5: TAX ORGANIZER COMPLETION
STEP 6: TAX RETURN PREPARATION
STEP 7: TAX RETURN REVIEW & FILING
STEP 8: TAX PLANNING (OPTIONAL)
Please remember, that while tax preparation only occurs for a few months out of the year, your Tax Advisor is available to assist with your tax planning, to help you make informed decisions throughout the year that will help reduce your overall tax liability.
Do you have a charitable giving strategy?
As college costs continue to rise (the estimated cost per each year of college at a 4-year public university for today’s newborns is over $50,000 per the College Board, College Cost Calculator), it is important to evaluate different opportunities to save for college and invest sooner than later.